- Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client and to the project team.
- Lead the team to prioritize signed off project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
- Create, or participate in the creation of, project documentation.
- Manage the client stakeholders, team members, or contract personnel to design a solution and establish associated project time lines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most strategic functionality within the project constraints.
- Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of a project.
Work with the account director to ensure changes are understood and approved.
- Understands basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Manage scope creep through client change orders, internal change orders, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on time line, scope, budget, and strategy expectations.
- Evaluate all key project deliverable, as well as final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client acceptance.
- Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverable; this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the account director and client.
- Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
- Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific client engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and time line.
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
- Work with account director to ensure clients achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverable, dependencies, risks, progress and the bright works development process.
- If needed, create customized reporting for the client or team with account management and/or team leads, to secure sign off on deliverable or documentation.
- Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the team, client and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, time lines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members.
Internal Project Reporting and Administration
- Be prepared to discuss project quality, client and team satisfaction, and project success metrics during regularly scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings with the managing director.
- Track and report weekly on percent complete, budget burn, earned value, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and other key project metrics.
- Keep an accurate risk tracking document with an associated mitigation plan.
- Determine project roles of team members based on project requirements, time frames and budget.
- When necessary work with external contractors in addition to internal resources.
Define skill sets (competencies) required for the project based on project specifications and requirements.
- Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- This position has supervisory and training responsibilities. Sr. Consultants are responsible for training and development of team members assigned to projects they are supporting or managing.
- Consultants will assist Principals in identifying ways to expand in current clients as well as assist in developing new business leads as opportunities present themselves.
- Consultants may be asked to perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by management.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Consultants work a standard work week but may be required to work evenings and weekends to monitor program activities and participate in cutovers or other project efforts.
- Travel is primarily at client’s site during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.